Ladies and gentlemen, FALL is here! Ah, can’t you just smell the crisp air?! Yep, we can finally break out the cute cozy sweaters, bust out the boots, and sip our pumpkin spice lattes. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the summer, but I look forward to fall. Why? It’s a chance to start over– turn over a new leaf (ok, I’ll chill). There are so many “cute” things to do during the fall, such as…
- Check out a local farm. Now is the time to engage in some farm cultural appropriation, so break out the flannels, jeans, and boots! Farms are pretty underappreciated, but they do so much for us. They see their most traffic during fall due to pumpkins and honestly, Instagram. Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin patch selfie?
- Get scared! Haunted Houses can be costly but pretty fun. Do your research before going to one so that you’ll be getting the most out of your money. I, personally, want to feel like I’m on the verge of death when I’m paying $25. I went to one of the most popular ones in my area and it wasn’t very scary. I went to a hole-in-the-wall in a small town in Ohio and it was the scariest experience EVER. Don’t underestimate the little guys.
- Get scared…again! Every single city has some sort of haunted tour where they charge you about $40 and drag you through the city to show you buildings that are “haunted.” Some of them may not be haunted, but you’ll probably learn some creepy history about the buildings that you would never expect. Pricey? Yes, but it’s a chance to get out of the house, explore your town, and meet some new people.
- Take a walk. The summer heat tends to get to people, so take in a deep breath of the fresh fall air. Just by walking through your neighborhood, you’ll probably notice things you’ve never noticed before. The colorful leaves will also help open your mind and put you in a good mood.
- Trick-or-treat! You’re honestly never too old to walk around your neighborhood knocking on peoples’ doors asking for a handout (candy!). Or are you? Nope, you’re not. Lots of young adults do it to bring back childhood memories and if you’re in college, maybe you can live off the candy for a while and avoid responsibilities like feeding yourself real food. Dress up as sexy Harambe and get that candy!
- Party! Halloween is such an easily marketable holiday so you better believe there are big parties and concerts going on SOMEWHERE. Grab your pals and hit up a party. They’re relatively cheap and you’ll have a blast! Where else would you have seen that giant baby with a mustache?!
We have some huge holidays coming up, but you can kill some time with these fun events! What do you like to do during the fall?